View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
The Steelers will not bring back OC Todd Haley 
Pro Bowl Player

Post The Steelers will not bring back OC Todd Haley
Todd Haley - C - Free Agent

The Steelers will not bring back OC Todd Haley.

The writing was on the wall for this one. Both coach Mike Tomlin and Ben Roethlisberger reportedly butted heads with Haley, and the Steelers will let Haley walk now that his contract is up. There's no question he ran some of the most potent offenses in his six years calling plays for Pittsburgh, but the Steelers were never able to clear the final hurdles, failing to even win an AFC title with Haley. It's possible OL coach Mike Munchak will earn a promotion to OC after he turned down a second interview with the Cardinals for their head-coach job on Wednesday.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:48 pm
All Pro Performer

Post Re: The Steelers will not bring back OC Todd Haley
rtd wrote:

The writing was on the wall for this one. Both coach Mike Tomlin and Ben Roethlisberger reportedly butted heads with Haley, and the Steelers will let Haley walk now that his contract is up. There's no question he ran some of the most potent offenses in his six years calling plays for Pittsburgh, but the Steelers were never able to clear the final hurdles, failing to even win an AFC title with Haley. It's possible OL coach Mike Munchak will earn a promotion to OC after he turned down a second interview with the Cardinals for their head-coach job on Wednesday.

Haley...nor his group gave up 45 to the Jags. I get the butting heads...Haley's pretty much an asshat IMO...but still.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:02 pm
Franchise Player

I'll tell ya...I live in a weird intersection where it's basically 1/3 Ravens fans, 1/3 Redskins fans, 1/3 Steelers fans. If anything, there's more Steelers fans in my town than the other two. And as you guys already know, Steelers fans are OBNOXIOUS. Very much like Green Bay fans and Cowboys fans, they just think that football starts and ends with their team and no one else matters. It's a birthright. And they have the success to back it up, which ticks me off to no end.

Anyhow, I know lots, lots of hardcore Steelers fans. And almost every single one of them hates Mike Tomlin. The typical complaint centers around the fact that he says all the right stuff, but then none of it happens. His game management is terrible, bad challenges or lack thereof, poor adjustments, etc. They believe that he's holding them back and without him Big Ben would have another ring by now.

And I'll say that his decision to do an onside kick at the end of that Jags game was beyond stupid. When I saw it, I just thought holy shit is <insert friends name here> gonna flip shit over this one. Kick it off, use your timeouts, come back and tie the game with a FG...wtf was that? They gave Jax the ball in FG range and that FG ended it. How stupid!

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:20 pm
Hall of Fame

dplank wrote:
I'll tell ya...I live in a weird intersection where it's basically 1/3 Ravens fans, 1/3 Redskins fans, 1/3 Steelers fans. If anything, there's more Steelers fans in my town than the other two. And as you guys already know, Steelers fans are OBNOXIOUS. Very much like Green Bay fans and Cowboys fans, they just think that football starts and ends with their team and no one else matters. It's a birthright. And they have the success to back it up, which ticks me off to no end.

FUCKERS! All of them. Don't they know that football starts and ends with the Bears. And whatever success they have they'll NEVER have the greatest team in history. ;)

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:34 pm
All Pro Performer

Wanne wrote:
rtd wrote:

Haley...nor his group gave up 45 to the Jags. I get the butting heads...Haley's pretty much an asshat IMO...but still.

Here, here Wanne. He was a candidate I wanted interviewed here due to his red assness. Then, well, he got into yet another bar fight and it was downhill from there for him as a HC. Still a VERY good OC in this league and he should get work really quick. Maybe he can find a non-prema donna QB somewhere that he won't rub the wrong way trying to "coach" them up.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]