View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Tremaine Edmunds 
Terrible Person

Post Tremaine Edmunds
so, what do u draftniks think of him?

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:10 pm
All Pro Performer

Post Re: Tremaine Edmunds
Gibron wrote:
so, what do u draftniks think of him?

I had him in on my pass rusher thread. Great athlete with the measurables but never really put up the big numbers he should have at VaTech. He's listed as one of my "watch" guys in the post season all star games and at the combine. Might just need the right coach to become a very good player.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:01 pm
Terrible Person

saw some clips of him playing in the flat…incredible closing speed, and he really tackles hard and well with long spidery arms…covered well too

when u look at his lean physique he looks lighter than his reported 250…looks like he could play at 260 easy

anyone seen him pass rush?

Brugler had him almost going in the top 10 and Jeremiah also loves him; so, i'm wondering if he could be the ROLB the Bears desperately need opposite Floyd

ps…just watched some more clips and they had him playing in the middle also, some spying the QB, some on delayed blitzes…guy's definitely a premier athlete for a man 6/5 250

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:11 pm
Hall of Fame

From the clips I just watched, he really plays the role that Lance Briggs used to play for us. Despite being an OLB, he's really all over the field, more often dropping in coverage, huge in run support, and when he blitzes, he comes up the middle.

Thing is, at 6'4, 250, he really has the body type to play OLB in a 3-4. He certainly seems to have the speed for it. To bad he's a junior as a week of Senior Bowl practices would be beneficial to see if he can rush and bend the edge from outside. The Combine will be critical for him.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that you can risk taking him in a 3-4 with a first round pick. He seems to have the tools, but he hasn't been able to show it in college. My guess is a 4-3 team will take him in the first.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:36 pm
Terrible Person

tremendous athlete as far as tracking down ball carriers…impressed me more than Floyd's college tape—but somewhat reminiscent…definitely a better form tackler…a mean streak to boot

not sure how well he catches or how well he uses his hands for pass rushing, but with his explosive speed there's no doubt he could pressure the edge

anyway, very interested in him at 8 …hard to find pass rushers esp guys that are versatile moving around the field

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:42 pm
All Pro Performer

That's former TE Ferrull Edmunds son, i think. When I was in college, I had a summer job with a guy who went to Maryland w/Ferrell Edmunds. He used to tell some funny stories about Ferrell and the girls.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]