View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Holy mock runs on QBs batman 
Pro Bowl Player

Post Holy mock runs on QBs batman
Aussie posted about sites for draft information and I saw someone listed Great Blue North Report that I hadn't looked at in a bit so I clicked over there and found this draft:

https://gbnreport.com/pre-season-2018-f ... rojection/

It's a bit dates as it has us drafting 6th, but they have 6 of the first 12 picks being QBs!!!!!!!!!!!! Cleveland, Giants, Denver, Arizona, Jets and Washington

If that were to hold true, only three teams ahead of us wouldn't be talking a QB. That would be nice. It would also make our spot be a place that Washington or the Cardinals might want to move up if there guy is still on the board.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:06 pm
Carlos Danger

Post Re: Holy mock runs on QBs batman
I think there is going to be talent pushed down the board due to so many teams drafting QBs. And that's not even counting the question mark teams like the Steelers (they'd have to move up) and the Colts (if Luck is truly finished).

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:14 pm
Hall of Fame

A couple of things here.

First, Cleveland is absolutely going to take a QB with one of its first two picks. If they don't, Dorsey will be lynched and not in effigy. Literally.

Second, if Chubb is there when Tampa picks they'll take him.

The way I see it, you might very well see four QBs taken in the first six picks: Browns, Giants, Broncos, and Jets. If the Colts want to take an OT, they'll trade down, probably with a team moving up to grab a QB. Pace damn well better NOT trade up to get Chubb. With four QBs in the top six, the Bears will be in a very good position even with Chubb off the board.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:44 pm
All Pro Performer

Yogi da Bear wrote:
A couple of things here.

First, Cleveland is absolutely going to take a QB with one of its first two picks. If they don't, Dorsey will be lynched and not in effigy. Literally.

The way I see it, you might very well see four QBs taken in the first six picks: Browns, Giants, Broncos, and Jets. If the Colts want to take an OT, they'll trade down, probably with a team moving up to grab a QB. Pace damn well better NOT trade up to get Chubb. With four QBs in the top six, the Bears will be in a very good position even with Chubb off the board.

Yogi, couldn't agree more on the Cleveland not taking the QB and TB taking Chubb. I visit Great Blue North quite a bit but they are slipping this year. When I did my mock, I looked at our picks and they didn't have any 4th rounders listed and their draft is way outdated. Also, their post season all star coverage isn't as good as it has been in the past.

On the QB's in the top ten, I see at least 5 with Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, and Jackson.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:24 am
Hall of Fame

hoog wrote:
Yogi da Bear wrote:
A couple of things here.

Yogi, couldn't agree more on the Cleveland not taking the QB and TB taking Chubb. I visit Great Blue North quite a bit but they are slipping this year. When I did my mock, I looked at our picks and they didn't have any 4th rounders listed and their draft is way outdated. Also, their post season all star coverage isn't as good as it has been in the past.

On the QB's in the top ten, I see at least 5 with Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, and Jackson.

I think it's a top 3 and then two ???? Granted ???? at QB tend to go higher than you think. But to me with Jackson (and maybe Mayfield) that bump up could mean 1st Round....

I do not think it will mean top 8 though

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:14 am
All Pro Performer

I'd hate to be that GM that uses a top 10 on Jackson....

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:14 am
Franchise Player

I still think we have a really good chance at recouping our 3rd round pick with a small trade down in the 1st for a team that values whichever QBs are still there at 8. Maybe we drop back 5-8 spots, and still get to pick one of the top T or WRs available at a slot a little more appropriate value-wise.

I've also seen Roquan Smith projected to go in that range, which I would love even though he projects inside and that's not necessarily a need area for us.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:06 pm
Hall of Fame

dplank wrote:
I still think we have a really good chance at recouping our 3rd round pick with a small trade down in the 1st for a team that values whichever QBs are still there at 8. Maybe we drop back 5-8 spots, and still get to pick one of the top T or WRs available at a slot a little more appropriate value-wise.

I've also seen Roquan Smith projected to go in that range, which I would love even though he projects inside and that's not necessarily a need area for us.

Very fair post

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]