View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Post All-Star Game Notes 
All Pro Performer

Post Post All-Star Game Notes
The East-West Shrine Game and NFLPA Game practices started on Monday so here's some players I will be watching and some that were mentioned as already shining in practices:

I think I found a new "my guy" for the draft. He will be a late rounder but he averaged 75 tackles, 14 sacks, 23 TFL's a season, yes a season, in 4 years at Slippery Rock. He also added in 6 FF, a INT for a TD, and 6 PD in his career. His name is Marcus Martin and they say he has had a pretty good first day of practice going against the Div 1 players. He's a DE/OLB type who is somewhere between 6'2 and 6'3" and 255lbs. He plays a lot like TJ Watt, who has done quite well with the Steelers this year. Keep an eye on him.

Some other DE/OLB types that have been mentioned as having very good practices are Joe Ostman (CMU- 6'3" 259) and Justin Lawler (SMU- 6'4" 265). The reference to Ostman was he was playing like his hair was unfire. Lawler they say showed good quickness in beating his man in drills.

A highly rated DE/OLB from Miami, Chad Thomas, they said was a feast or famine player in drills. He would get stone walled then come back with a good move to beat his man. Other DE/OLB I like at this game but didn't see any press yet are: MArcell Frazier (Mizzou) and J'Von Rollan-Jones (Ark St.).

Daurice Fountain from Northern Iowa was mentioned as the best WR so far. Kid has good size at 6'1" and 200lbs. and they said he ran perfect routes, stopped on a dime, and showed surprising speed to separate. I'll have to give this kid a look. Another WR I like in this game is DaeShean Hamilton from Penn St. Very quick with good size. Didn't see any notes on him yet.

The offensive lineman they said had the best day was Zachary Crabtree from Ok State. Another name I want to see do well is KC McDermott from Miami. I think he can be a very good RT or swing tackle in the league.

The last guy that interests me is DaVontae Harris, CB, Ill St. They said he didn't look out of place at all and used his size well in drills. One note was that he was built like a greek god. Not sure how that factors in but thought the comment warranted being on this thread.

I haven't really seen any notes on the NFLPA game yet and there are very little players of interest on my side but if anyone can add in here please do.

Finally, I found it interesting that the Bears were not listed at all under team interviews with players.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:40 am
All Pro Performer

Post Re: Post All-Star Game Notes
Here's some day 2 news for you from Great Blue North Report:

https://gbnreport.com/2018-shrine-game-day-2-practices/

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]