View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Anyone else wondering if the Colts could go QB at #3?? 
Terrible Person

Post Re: Anyone else wondering if the Colts could go QB at #3??
i've only seen Allen's highlights, but they are impressive…the 56% comp is concerning, but u have to watch all the games and see the types of throws and ball placement

Laramie is one of the windiest places in N America and his surrounding cast sucks

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:19 pm
Veteran Starter

He had bad accuracy last year with future pro Tanner Gentry as a WR

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:20 pm
Terrible Person

Revie's Other Nut wrote:
He had bad accuracy last year with future pro Tanner Gentry as a WR

yeah, Gentry and RB Hill are on expanded rosters, but WY doesn't have top recruited talent, so many games he's playing with overmatched teammates

let's see how he does SB week…all the QBs struggle with accuracy there bc they aren't used to the receivers and offenses, but you'll get a feel for his accuracy there…his comp% is concerning, but u have to watch the games—and i haven't

his arm strength is top 5 in the NFL right off the bat…real big guy and he can move

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:27 pm
Hall of Fame

Gibron wrote:
Luck's an interesting case bc he is behind in progress for his recovery…although, they are being very guarded about the procedure

shoulder surgery is very dicey…most guys that have been out as long as he has, never recover full arm strength, which means they can't drive the ball outside the hashes…DCs and corners quickly find that out and plot coverage accordingly…it also makes the play caller alter their patterns and play designs…if it's McDaniels though, he knows a lot of ways to free receivers up from bunched formations, pic, crossing and seam routes, which don't put as much strain on the arm

he doesn't start lobbing the ball until sometime in Jan. so it's unclear whether he will be throwing with full velocity by draft time…he said he plans on full participation in the off season schedule, but they have already missed benchmarks

Ballard got a decent young QB in Brissett in case Luck hits a snag…he might take another QB, but i think it would be a guy later on like Wanne's boy Falk—a value pick as a hedge. He really should auction his #1 to hasten rebuilding around Luck esp on the lines. If Luck is done, Ballard will have another high pick in later drafts.

"Ballard got a decent young QB in Brissett in case Luck hits a snag"

Brissett is both a Colt and a QB

He's not good though

Gib the GM is rostering Hoyer AND Brissett??!?!?

Championship!!!!

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:35 pm
Veteran Starter

Even if Luck is back healthy, it wouldn't shock me to see him want out of Indy. BADard has done nothing to build round him accept trade away a young TE and WR. The Colts roster is one of the least talented rosters in football and all BADard has done is hope his golden ticket QB would come back healthy.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:22 pm
Pro Bowl Player

hoog wrote:
A couple thoughts here on the QB's being taken in the top 10. One, yes the Colts could be a team taking a QB but they have to absolutely certain Luck is damaged goods and they have to match up with one that will mesh with McDaniels. (Does McDaniels take his brother from us?) Two, is look for Washington to be a player here. I think they swing some sort of trade with Cousins. I figure it will be Denver but could be Cleveland. In any case, Washington would move up into that slot to take a QB. Three, you have teams below (Arizona, Buffalo, and quite possibly LA Chargers) looking to move up.

I also feel that Josh Allen is still in play as a top 10 pick. He played better in his bowl game than both Rosen and Darnold, IMO. Oh, he needs some work but he sure has some Mahomes qualities to him. Baker Mayfield will catch someone's attention also. This draft could go two ways. A QB avalanche at the top or teams play the waiting game. This draft seems more quantity than quality to me. I like last years group more than this years. If I was picking, I might just take Josh Allen first.

You bring up some good points Hoog. And agree that Josh Allen is the wildcard, Top 5 imo.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:23 pm
Veteran Starter

Yogi da Bear wrote:
I have to think that Barkley is going to go in the Top 4. If not number one to Cleveland than number four. They need as much draw as they can get. I figure they're going a QB and Barkley in one order or the other.

I wouldn't be shocked if Cleveland traded up from 4 to 2 with the Giants and went Rosen/Darnold and Barkley. Cleveland has the juice to make the move and the Giants OL help they know will be there at 4.

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3