View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Mock Draft-First Attempt 
Franchise Player

Post Re: Mock Draft-First Attempt
Gibron wrote:

anyway, i would rather have a great G than an average tackle

AGREED 10000%

Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:53 pm
Veteran Starter

I feel like the cool thing to say lately is that McGlinchey is the 2nd best olinemen coming out of ND..It's just not as clear as some people say. Both prospects are pretty flawless and share similiar risks. If both players end up being good players at their position, I'd take the OT all day. Look around the league, it's easier to find a good guard then a good OT.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:13 pm
Pro Bowl Player

cblaz11 wrote:
1st rd- OT Mike McGlinchey( ND)just watched his tape vs Georgia and I'm pretty impressed. He's a big guy, but not fat. He moves well and gets to the next level easily. Start him on the right side with the idea of moving him to LT when he's ready.
http://draftbreakdown.com/2017/09/12/mi ... s-georgia/

2nd rd- WR Auden Tate(FSU) Big fan..This kid attacks the ball and uses hand not his body. He's not stiff despite his size. He's going to be a monster
http://draftbreakdown.com/2017/12/05/au ... rida-2017/

4th rd- OLB Lorenzo Carter(Georgia) Big guy, leader, gym rat..Vic will turn this kid into a stud

4th rd- CB JC Jackson (Maryland) Kid was kicked out of Florida due to armed robbery but there seems to be more to the story. Has put a lot of work into proving that he has turned things around. This kid can cover and would be a steal in the 4th

5th rd- CB Mike Hughes (UCF) Good size and quickness, not afraid to step up and make plays vs the run. Good be a good ST players and potential starter

6th rd- DT/DE PJ Hall (Sam Houuston) Not ideal size for a 3/4, but this kids production is off the charts. He would be someone we can put at DT in pass rushing situations

7th rd- WR Austin Proehl (UNC) Smaller WR solid at working the underneath. Has rapport built with Mitch

Good draft Cblaz. The ND kid will stabilize the Oline. Carter would be a great pick at R4 if he lasts that long. Doubling down on CB in midrounds is right out of Fangio's playbook. The WR run will start right in R2 were you picking lasting though early R4. The Bama kid will probably go in the 20's of the first round but all the rest will start going in R2.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:48 pm
Veteran Starter

Thanks!

I looked at Kirk also in the 2nd, I just don't see what I see with Tate. Tate, is going to be a stud.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:50 pm
Terrible Person

if it comes down to an OL, the Bears are in a good position to judge

Hiestand can watch tape of top prospects better than their scouts…and he knows which ND lineman is a better player

in a spread system with zone blocking and more RO, the RT has to be more mobile than Massie…i thought they made a mistake moving Long back inside even though he was temporarily better there…he would have become a good RT with more work…his game against Miller was very good and showed he could play there when healthy

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:52 pm
Veteran Starter

After watching a few of McGlincheys games, I absolutely think he can play LT.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:57 pm
All Pro Performer

Do the Bears have the luxury to spend a 1st rounder on a LT...a position that many have lamented has been covered pretty adequately by Leno. I get the McGlinchey pick...really do. So either McGlinchey or Leno is going to play RT then...and some have lamented Leno sucks there. I'm good with that if they address free agency and sign Norwell that Rich has been pimpin. I'm just not convinced that Sitton can stay healthy....and moreso Long. We need some long term solutions at G.....

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:02 pm
All Pro Performer

dplank wrote:
Gibron wrote:

anyway, i would rather have a great G than an average tackle

AGREED 10000%

this....

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:02 pm
Hall of Fame

Yogi da Bear wrote:
Rich, I've always been aware that OTs have more value than OGs. What needs to happen is for you to join the club that OGs have value too and that not just any failed OT can immediately be successfully converted to OG and that some players are just naturally better at guard than at tackle even if they can play tackle. Sometimes it's better to have a completely dominating guard than even a really good tackle. Dallas proved that.

I think many (most) Tackles would be better at Guard. Guard is simply easier trait wise to play.

Dallas - this year -really played poorly when T Smith was hurting or out. They replaced one of their Guards no issue though.

If the things you were saying were true in the majority of cases - then Tackle wouldn't have more value than Guards (or at least it should be close). You need 2 G and 2 T right? So the demand, in theory, should be similar.

But you like to argue. It's how you find yourself saying Sam Acho and Josh Bellamy belong in regular sets.

I can go out this year (just like years past) and get Pro Bowl caliber Guards on FA - 26 years old if I want. I can get one - maybe two tackles that I think are competent? one under 30?

Hell guys like Eric Kush basically grow on trees.

If you get a guy with the right mindset, toughness, and size.......He can play Guard. He can also play Tackle if his arm length is of a certain length and his footspeed is up to par.

The two basically near impossible things to change for an OL at this level.

Strength? Most can add that (to at least a degree)

But yeah....its basic supply and demand. The demand is exactly the same in theory. The supply isn't. It's super obvious as to why

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:52 am
Veteran Starter

Also..when a OT fails, where does he go? Teams move him inside to guard...lol

Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next