View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Minkah Fitzpatrick 
Terrible Person

Post Re: Minkah Fitzpatrick
Hoog, why do u believe Chubb and Fitzpatrick will be on the board?

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:07 am
All Pro Performer

Gibron wrote:
Hoog, why do u believe Chubb and Fitzpatrick will be on the board?

Actually my statement was one of the two not both. Why? Because it's a QB league and you got four/five (Rosen, Darnold, Allen, Mayfield, and Jackson) of them who could go in the top 10 due to teams needs in the top 10. You also have Barkley, who is a generational back and a definite top 5 pick, IMO. There are also some really nice OT to choose from. I know it will all sort itself out but teams panic and race to the top 10 to get their guy so my guess is that leaves one of the two best defensive players available at #8. Just my guess but history shows it could happen.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:33 am
All Pro Performer

cblaz11 wrote:
Love Ziggy..Guys got a motor on him and plays a violent game. He's under 30 so he falls in Paces wheel house. Cut McPhee and give Ziggy his money, I'm good with that.

Star, I'll be honest, I don't know how he's played. I liked him coming out in the draft, can he play DE opposite Hicks?

Am I crazy for looking at that kid Vea from Washington? Most would say he's a NT, but I think he's althetic enough to play DE and that gives us a 3 man rotation in passing situations at DT.

Signing Ziggy and drafting that kid is the kind of offseason that could take our front 7 and defense to the next level.

Can Ziggy be tagged? With Patricia coming in wouldn't he want this guy enough to tag him? Just wondering.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:34 am
Terrible Person

gotcha…from the wording it seemed to suggest both would be there

i doubt either makes it there if their medicals are sound

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:36 am
All Pro Performer

RichH55 wrote:
Burl wrote:
I dont love Fitzpatrick as a corner.

I think he is better facing the QB at safety and reading the offense. That's really where his talent lies. Jumping routes, blitzing, being moved around and freewheeling back there.
You send him running down field covering WRs and you negate his best attribute IMO. He needs to watch the QB and react.

Very fair

But the point is ...you CAN.

Some of the best Safties (and those who could still play in today's game) had that skill set where you could line them up as a straight man to man corner if need be

Yes, the versatility is one of his best assets.
But, if you draft him to be a #1 corner and you’ve got him out against other teams #1 WRs all the time, out of necessity, you negate that versatility. I think he is best on a team with two starting corners.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:43 am
Terrible Person

would be interesting to hear why Fangio switched Fuller from right to left corner last season…he also didn't matchup his corners…he left them in place

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:03 am
Carlos Danger

Grendel - I just pissed myself in my office, thanks a lot.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:23 am
Veteran Backup

Roquan Smith just declared.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:14 pm
Hall of Fame

hoog wrote:
cblaz11 wrote:
Love Ziggy..Guys got a motor on him and plays a violent game. He's under 30 so he falls in Paces wheel house. Cut McPhee and give Ziggy his money, I'm good with that.

Star, I'll be honest, I don't know how he's played. I liked him coming out in the draft, can he play DE opposite Hicks?

Am I crazy for looking at that kid Vea from Washington? Most would say he's a NT, but I think he's althetic enough to play DE and that gives us a 3 man rotation in passing situations at DT.

Signing Ziggy and drafting that kid is the kind of offseason that could take our front 7 and defense to the next level.

Can Ziggy be tagged? With Patricia coming in wouldn't he want this guy enough to tag him? Just wondering.

Probably.....I'll get more realistic later on!

Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:01 pm
Hall of Fame

Gibron wrote:
would be interesting to hear why Fangio switched Fuller from right to left corner last season…he also didn't matchup his corners…he left them in place

Because he basically made Kyle his #1 corner. #1 CBs play on the left side (offense's right side).

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next