View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Minkah Fitzpatrick 
All Pro Performer

Post Minkah Fitzpatrick
At the #8 spot I have a couple guys in mind but Minkah Fitzpatrick wasn't one of them until I started to read up on this kid. The article below shows how he is still more comfortable and how he feels he is a CB more than he is a safety. The kid plays the ball well enough (11+ pass defenses a year and multiple INT's) to be a CB in the NFL and I'm starting to feel it's his better position. If I'm not mistaken, Jalen Ramsey and Tredavious White both were college safeties who are now NFL CB's and it looks like Minkah will follow that pattern. If we stay at #8 we should have a shot at either Bradley Chubb or Fitzpatrick as our defensive guys.

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/mink ... ce-alabama

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:24 am
Veteran Starter

Post Re: Minkah Fitzpatrick
As a CB, I'm in. I don't want him if he's a safety though...

We need an elite talent on this D..we have good players but we're missing that one stud. For me, Chubbs is exactly what we need but he won't be there at 8. Another guy is the large DT from Washington. He's athletic enough to play DE in a 3/4 and him, Hicks, with Goldman in the middle would be something to watch.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:30 am
Hall of Fame

Any of Star Lutuleilei or Ziggy Ansah interest you Cblaz?

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:32 am
Veteran Starter

Love Ziggy..Guys got a motor on him and plays a violent game. He's under 30 so he falls in Paces wheel house. Cut McPhee and give Ziggy his money, I'm good with that.

Star, I'll be honest, I don't know how he's played. I liked him coming out in the draft, can he play DE opposite Hicks?

Am I crazy for looking at that kid Vea from Washington? Most would say he's a NT, but I think he's althetic enough to play DE and that gives us a 3 man rotation in passing situations at DT.

Signing Ziggy and drafting that kid is the kind of offseason that could take our front 7 and defense to the next level.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:53 am
All Pro Performer

cblaz, I've been looking at Vea and also the big kid from Clemson (Christian Wilkens) if we trade down a bit. I think #8 might be a bit high for them. However, as you pointed out that DL would be scary with either one of them. What's the chances Goldman could slide out some also so you could move them all around that line?

I'm also in on Ziggy. I actually think he would be a better fit in the 3-4 set up. Gives him room to use his speed more. Another guy in the draft I like is Ferrell from Clemson. Bigger body but can move. I know Yogi and I got in a bit of an argument about him being mobile enough but I think he can do it. Star, I'm not sure about if he could play at an end spot so I'd rather move past him.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:07 am
Veteran Starter

I've been on draftbreakdown and watched the Clemson dlineman. I just don't see the explosion or separation with Wilkins or any of them for that matter. It was kind of surprising to be honest.

One guy I saw both with, Lorenzo Carter from Georgia. I fell in love with this kids ability to separate from blockers. I'd love to get back into the end of 2nd or early 3rd and draft this kid. Floyd, Ziggy, Lorenzo Carter, and Lamar Houston would be a nice edge rotation.

Watch some tape on Carter..maybe I'm seeing something crazy.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:20 am
Hall of Fame

cblaz11 wrote:
Love Ziggy..Guys got a motor on him and plays a violent game. He's under 30 so he falls in Paces wheel house. Cut McPhee and give Ziggy his money, I'm good with that.

Star, I'll be honest, I don't know how he's played. I liked him coming out in the draft, can he play DE opposite Hicks?

Am I crazy for looking at that kid Vea from Washington? Most would say he's a NT, but I think he's althetic enough to play DE and that gives us a 3 man rotation in passing situations at DT.

Signing Ziggy and drafting that kid is the kind of offseason that could take our front 7 and defense to the next level.

Ziggy is probably going to cost considerably more than McPhee's money IMHO (And that's even with him coming off a down year)

Now if you want to use McPhee and Cooper money - You have money left over

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:37 am
All Pro Performer

I dont love Fitzpatrick as a corner.

I think he is better facing the QB at safety and reading the offense. That's really where his talent lies. Jumping routes, blitzing, being moved around and freewheeling back there.
You send him running down field covering WRs and you negate his best attribute IMO. He needs to watch the QB and react.

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:37 am
Veteran Backup

RichH55 wrote:
Any of Star Lutuleilei or Ziggy Ansah interest you Cblaz?

For an instant after I read that I thought you were being silly and throwing out fake players with stupid / made up names. God I'm getting old...

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:45 am
Hall of Fame

Burl wrote:
I dont love Fitzpatrick as a corner.

I think he is better facing the QB at safety and reading the offense. That's really where his talent lies. Jumping routes, blitzing, being moved around and freewheeling back there.
You send him running down field covering WRs and you negate his best attribute IMO. He needs to watch the QB and react.

Very fair

But the point is ...you CAN.

Some of the best Safties (and those who could still play in today's game) had that skill set where you could line them up as a straight man to man corner if need be

Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next