View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Vikings!... 
Veteran Starter

Post Re: Vikings!...
Yogi da Bear wrote:
Your mother was a hamster you fucking Trestman you.

:D

And your father smelled of elderberries.

So there.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:14 am
Veteran Starter

Cartman wrote:
BigDaddy wrote:
All I kept thinking on the last play of the game was CHRIS MUTHERFUCKIN CONTE!!!!!!!!!

The final play pissed me off. Not the missed tackle, which obviously should have been made. But how the defender clearly pulled up before making the hit. I rewatched that play a dozen times immediately after it happened. The defender lays up because he's trying not to get a penalty for hitting a defenseless receiver. It's clear as day. That's one of those penalties that I've never been a fan of and here it is impacting a game. The player clearly lays up because he's been taught not to hit a receiver who's in the air catching a ball. If that rule didn't exist, the DB would have leveled the WR before he hit the turf. I hate that "defenseless player" rule more than any rule in the NFL.

Jimmy Johnson thinks he was trying to avoid a fifth pass interference call:
Quote:
After the game, FOX’s Jimmy Johnson gave an explanation for why Williams may have reacted the way he did. One of the worst case scenarios for New Orleans would’ve been a pass interference call to stop the clock and give the Vikings a chance at a game-winning field goal try.

New Orleans had already picked up four pass interference penalties, including one on Williams earlier in the game, so the officials weren’t giving the secondary much leeway.

So Williams thinking that either — A) The pass was sailing out of bounds, or B) Diggs’ legs were a safer route to make the tackle and avoid a penalty — opted to go low instead.

Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:56 am
Terrible Person

the PI may have been was a factor in his mind…but, going low would have made it EASIER to get flagged bc he wouldn't be going for the ball…the trajectory wasn't going to be an overthrow

he had 2 better choices than tucking and diving which turned into a disaster

the ball was lined, but not drilled…

1) come up hard, take inside position, leap and try to catch or break up the ball…incidental contact won't be called bc they're both facing the ball and have a right to contest…if he had been aggressive on the angle, he might not have even contacted Diggs

but, he came up timidly…in that case, time the tackle and WRAP... they would not have been able to stop the clock with a no TOs and a spike with roughly 3 seconds on the clock by reception-time... with several players for both teams well upfield

Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3