View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:16 pm



Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
FA Plan part 1 
Author Message
Hall of Fame

Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 10166
Post FA Plan part 1
Two seemingly easy but big pickups:

1) Allen Robinson - WR . Coming off an injury - But I really think that might be the only reason he's actually available.

How will he adapt without playoff winner!!!!! Blake Bortles?

I assume you are going to still need to give him 12-13 million a year. I would probably try and avoid a one year deal


2) . Norwell - OG . He's only 26....lots of football left. He will cost more than Sitton (whom you cut if you sign/trade if you get Norwell - most likely cut) . Figure 10-11 million a year . Which is only 3-4 million more a year than Sitton

One thing to note on Sitton: 2018 Option year must be exercised 5 days after 2017 SB and 5 days before 2018 league year

So you won't have the luxury of "knowing" you will get Norwell by the time you have to make your Sitton decision

Also - Love the use of the option contract there. It means that if you decide to sever ties with Sitton he counts as a "signed away" FA for purposes of compensatory picks .



3. Cornerback (maybe 2)

This I'm a bit more on the dark

The question is this to me: Vic historically has sort of gotten more than he should have out of corners and safeties. And Eddie Jackson is the type of FS that makes your corners look that much better.

So do you need to spend big here?


One more maybe name: OT . J'wuan Jones


Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:31 am
Profile
All Pro Performer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:30 pm
Posts: 4874
Post Re: FA Plan part 1
At corner, I think Fuller's going to be the BPA, and we can buy a year there with the tag.
We're not up against it with the cap, so it'd be a smart move to keep him then draft a guy in round 2-3.
Amukamara isn't going to get some big deal elsewhere, he can be a place holder and start giving snaps to a rook.

I'd like to add a pass rusher/olb to pair with Floyd, and draft one as well.
Maybe an older Connor Barwin? Aldon Smith is set to be reinstated. Just a presence on the opposite side.

Basically what Im getting at is you cant go back with McPhee or Young because neither can be counted upon to stay healthy.

_________________
All misspellings and grammatical errors courtesy of my iPhone 4.


Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:41 am
Profile
Veteran Starter

Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:24 pm
Posts: 1269
Post Re: FA Plan part 1
I like it...but why cutting Sutton? He's played well..

Cut Cooper and use that money to help tag Fuller.

Kony Ealy has really started to develop, id feel good going into the draft with Floyd, Ealy, and Houston or McPhee as our edge guys.


Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:48 am
Profile
Hall of Fame

Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 10166
Post Re: FA Plan part 1
cblaz11 wrote:
I like it...but why cutting Sutton? He's played well..

Cut Cooper and use that money to help tag Fuller.

Kony Ealy has really started to develop, id feel good going into the draft with Floyd, Ealy, and Houston or McPhee as our edge guys.



How many Guards you want to pay close to 10 million a year to? 2 is extravagant as is.....3 is downright foolish


I would not tag Fuller


Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:52 am
Profile
Veteran Starter

Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:12 pm
Posts: 1972
Post Re: FA Plan part 1
Windy City 2018 offseason needs based on free agents and draft:

https://www.windycitygridiron.com/2018/ ... -nfl-draft


Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:55 am
Profile
Veteran Starter

Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:24 pm
Posts: 1269
Post Re: FA Plan part 1
Ya, I guess my point was why do we need to sign a 10 million dollar guard if we have Sitton.

What do you do with Fuller..if he gets to the open market I wouldn't feel confident in getting him back.


Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:25 am
Profile
Veteran Backup

Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:43 am
Posts: 917
Post Re: FA Plan part 1
Don't think it makes a ton of sense to tag Fuller and pay him 14-15M when we can do a 5 yr contract at about 20-25M guaranteed. The tag just does not make sense. I say we are either all in or all out on him... Fuck it... Roll the dice, we KNOW he can play at a high level and if Fangio and Donatell think he should stay, get er done!


Burl wrote:
At corner, I think Fuller's going to be the BPA, and we can buy a year there with the tag.
We're not up against it with the cap, so it'd be a smart move to keep him then draft a guy in round 2-3.
Amukamara isn't going to get some big deal elsewhere, he can be a place holder and start giving snaps to a rook.

I'd like to add a pass rusher/olb to pair with Floyd, and draft one as well.
Maybe an older Connor Barwin? Aldon Smith is set to be reinstated. Just a presence on the opposite side.

Basically what Im getting at is you cant go back with McPhee or Young because neither can be counted upon to stay healthy.


Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:37 am
Profile
Hall of Fame

Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 10166
Post Re: FA Plan part 1
cblaz11 wrote:
Ya, I guess my point was why do we need to sign a 10 million dollar guard if we have Sitton.

What do you do with Fuller..if he gets to the open market I wouldn't feel confident in getting him back.


A)
Not to be glib (ok...ok...maybe that is my brand) . but "You takes your chances"

If Fuller doesn't want to stay for a similar contract then there were other issues at play

I wouldn't go over 10 a year for Fuller.....So with the Tag you are looking at circa 15? 2 years 20 v. 1 year 15

And my feeling is that when you tag a guy - you anchor those contract talks at a higher rate than you otherwise would


B)
On Guards: Norwell is 26 not 31 and is trending in a better direction both in terms of play and health than Sitton


Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:41 pm
Profile
Veteran Starter

Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:24 pm
Posts: 1269
Post Re: FA Plan part 1
I hear ya on both..

As Gib would point out, we don't have enough talent and letting Fulller walk a year after letting Alshon walk would sting. Obviously over paying would not be ideal, but tagging him gives us exclusive rights to negotiate.

Yes, if we could basically have Sitton 5 years ago we would, but like you said we would have to cut Sitton hoping to land your guy in free agency..We have more pressing needs in my opinion then our interior oline. The risk isn't worth it.


Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:34 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame

Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 10166
Post Re: FA Plan part 1
cblaz11 wrote:
I hear ya on both..

As Gib would point out, we don't have enough talent and letting Fulller walk a year after letting Alshon walk would sting. Obviously over paying would not be ideal, but tagging him gives us exclusive rights to negotiate.

Yes, if we could basically have Sitton 5 years ago we would, but like you said we would have to cut Sitton hoping to land your guy in free agency..We have more pressing needs in my opinion then our interior oline. The risk isn't worth it.



I think wink, wink, nudge, nudge you'd know if Norwell was interested beforehand.

Why not give Fuller 25 a season then? Would guarantee he comes back....


Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:47 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

{ ASACP_CREDITS } Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.