View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Mayweather v McGregor 
All Pro Performer

Post Mayweather v McGregor
Anyone else excited for this?
I haven't really been fired up to see a boxing match since Tyson v Lenox Lewis, and really this matchup reminds me a lot of that one.

The proverbial puncher's chance against an actual boxer.

I hope for and expect Mayweather to absolutely wipe the floor with this clown, even though that's not really his style.
USA! USA!

Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:34 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Post Re: Mayweather v McGregor
I know McGregor is over bearing and obnoxious but I love the show he puts on. I've hated Mayweather's bouts since he came on the scene. What a boring fighter, just outlast the other guy while throwing enough weak punches to stay in the fight. So, I'll be rooting for the Notorious one.....McGregor. I would have loved to see Mayweather get in the cage though.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:08 pm
Franchise Player

Fair is fair. After Mayweather dances around and schools McGregor in the boxing ring, I'd like to see McGregor tear him a part in the octagon.

I hate Mayweather and agree his fights are boring.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:41 pm
All Pro Performer

yeah...pretty much.

Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:41 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Xbox Gamertag: DeadGreg
Let's see - the pound for pound greatest boxer on the planet, who happens to be 49-0, is fighting someone who has NEVER fought a boxing match in his entire life.

This won't even be a contest. You guys need to see it for what it is: a huge cash grab for both. McGregor is going to earn more for this fight than he has for all MMA bouts combined. And this is an easy 100 mil payday for Floyd.

And you can put to rest your hopes for Mayweather climbing into the octagon. That is never going to happen.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

DeadGreg wrote:
Let's see - the pound for pound greatest boxer on the planet, who happens to be 49-0, is fighting someone who has NEVER fought a boxing match in his entire life.

This won't even be a contest. You guys need to see it for what it is: a huge cash grab for both. McGregor is going to earn more for this fight than he has for all MMA bouts combined. And this is an easy 100 mil payday for Floyd.

And you can put to rest your hopes for Mayweather climbing into the octagon. That is never going to happen.

DG, I know the record says so but in my years of watching boxing I don't see Mayweather as the best pound for pound guy. I do, however, respect your point and there is a video out there of Connor sparring where he is getting tagged a lot. BUT, I don't think Floyd has the power to knock McGregor out so he's in for the full 15 rounds (or whatever they agreed to) which gives McGregor a punchers chance and he does have knock out power. Plus, as good of condition these boxers are in I think the UFC guys are even better. No way Connor wears down which again gives him a punchers chance. I realize this is a cash grab but Floyd Mayweather is in for a tussle. It's not going to be a cake walk and Connor has a chance as I see it.

Funny thing on the contract, apparently Mayweather can sue and sue big time if Conner kicks or does anything else that isn't in the "Nevada Boxing Rules" so don't expect too much adlib on the side of McGregor. As the article said, Connor likes his money too much to do anything.

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:48 am
Hall of Fame

hoog wrote:
I know McGregor is over bearing and obnoxious but I love the show he puts on. I've hated Mayweather's bouts since he came on the scene. What a boring fighter, just outlast the other guy while throwing enough weak punches to stay in the fight. So, I'll be rooting for the Notorious one.....McGregor. I would have loved to see Mayweather get in the cage though.

I LOVE McGregor. I love how he talks shit and then goes out and kicks ass. Reminds me of Ali that way. I hope he kicks the crap out of Mayweather, but probably not going to happen as Mayweather will just back pedal and back pedal and back pedal. But maybe McGregor will piss him off enough to get close. lol

Absolutely fucking love it. lol

Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:53 pm
Veteran Backup

I think it going to be a boring boxing match.

if it follows the normal pattern one is going to move around the outside the other is going to follow him trying to trap him to land the big blows.

I think Andra Ward vs Sergey Kovalev and Canelo Alvarez vs GGG will both be better fights.

Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:05 pm
Pro Bowl Player

IMO its a joke of a boxing match, the real fight will be in September GGG vs Canelo. Will fork the money over for that but not for the Mayweather/McGregor circus act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:24 pm
Carlos Danger

Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]